Industrielaan 27 / 4
9320 Aalst, East-Flanders
Globis NV has built a future-proof, scalable and configurable platform for the logistics industry. From our head office in Aalst, we offer mid-sized and large companies integrated applications for Transport, Warehouse and Forwarding management systems, based on open standard software. In recent years we have continued to expand our customer base, both in Belgium and abroad. For the last 4 years, we have been nominated by Deloitte as one of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in Belgium. Globis is driven by human capital as its main resource, giving our team members the opportunity to grow with the company. To expand and strengthen the existing team, we are looking for new colleagues.
You use your ERP, TMS and/or WMS experience in the logistics world to analyze our customers’ business logics and needs thoroughly and translate this into functional designs, considering the possibilities and limitations of the Globis standard software platform. Your role is to develop new features or customize available solutions, test them on a functional and technical level and document the implementations. You also report the status and progress of a project in order to achieve the defined quality goals (scope, budget and timing). You participate in Agile team planning sessions and daily Scrums. Next to functional development, you help to maintain and improve the performance of the existing software, recommending improvements to operating features if necessary.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- You are client and solution focused with a flexible mindset
- You have affinity with the logistics world
- You are a problem solver who communicates with the team in a transparent way
- You are bilingual: Dutch and English
- Strong attention to detail and a hands-on mentality
YOUR SKILLS :
- Writing and analyzing SQL queries is one of your strong points
- You have knowledge of design and updates in relational databases, preferably SQL server
- You can demonstrate understanding of projects from the perspective of both clients and business
- You already worked with GIT
- Experience in data-modeling, normalization, and performance tuning is a plus
- Java or .NET skills are a bonus
We offer you an exciting job in a rapidly growing IT company with a direct and open communication culture. A pleasant working environment in an office away from traffic jams. Strongly varied projects, both for small and larger companies, help you realize your ambitions. In addition to a market-based salary with extra-legal benefits, a laptop, a smartphone and a company car are made available.